Peach Crisp for TwoAugust 11, 2011
I love to bake. I would bake everyday if I didn’t have to worry about the size of my thighs. Or the size of my butt. Or the size of my face. You get the picture.
Yesterday morning I made The Pioneer Woman’s French Breakfast Puffs. This is the second time I’ve made them and they go like hot cakes in this house. We all love them except for the Joker. She crumbled hers until you couldn’t even tell what it was anymore. Typical. Anyways, you must try these. Yum!
Back to what I was talking about. I love to bake. I really don’t need any reason to do it. If you call me up and ask me to bake you a pie, I’ll do it!
We had some peaches that needed to be used up so instead of the apple crisp I usually do I thought something a little different would be good. So peach crisp it is!
Peach Crisp for Two
Inspired by this Allrecipes.com recipe
- 2 fresh peaches- peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sweetened granola (I used Bear Naked Fit Vanilla Almond Crunch)
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream, whipped cream or whatever topping you want (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease two ramekins.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, granola, flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Divide peach slices between two ramekins. Sprinkle the oat mixture over the peaches and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Add whatever cream topping you want and enjoy!
This peach crisp turned out great- sweet and crunchy. A perfect way to use up peaches!
— the Jilb