BBQ Pulled Chicken SandwichesAugust 13, 2011
These are the easiest pulled chicken sandwiches ever, which is great because I’m lazy. The easier the better I say.
The last week or so I’ve been wanting pulled chicken sandwiches. I don’t know why but I couldn’t stop thinking about them. So, I decided it was time to take some action. I adapted a recipe from this bbq chicken recipe I found. It has over 2,000 reviews and 4.5 stars out of 5. Wowza! I did change a few things. I didn’t have any Italian dressing, so that was out. And I add some garlic. Mmm.. the more garlic the better!! I love to just throw things in the crock pot and let them go for the day. Easy, peasy!
BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Adapted from an allrecipes.com recipe.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 bottle of BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays, my favorite!)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Put your chicken in your crock pot.
- Mix BBQ sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar in a bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (as the recipe says– but mine cooked in 4!) or on high for 3-4.
It’s that easy! And I love that she uses frozen chicken in the recipe. I had fresh chicken, but I like to know that in the future I can just plop all my stuff together in the crock pot using frozen chicken and I’m good to go. Love it!
This is definitely a keeper and will be used again. I may even go crazy next time and add some onion! Or some Italian sauce, like the original recipe calls for. You never know.