Grape SaladAugust 16, 2011
So, this past weekend was my mom’s birthday (Happy Birthday again, Mom! :), and as we were having a little birthday party I wanted to find a new yummy recipe. And, boy, did I find one. Grape salad. I’ve never heard of it before. Am I missing something? Has anyone else heard of a “grape salad” before? Maybe I’ve just been living under a rock all this time.
I stumbled across this Grape Salad recipe on Food.com. There are a ton of yummy recipes there. There’s a really yummy Caramel Popcorn recipe that I LOVE. I haven’t used it in forever because it’s really, really bad for you. And the No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. Oh, my gosh. I need to stop looking at my online cookbook from there. Yum! I’ve said “yummy” a lot in this post. Oops.
So, this Grape Salad. Yummy green and purple grapes. Cream cheese. Sour cream. Pecans and brown sugar. You must try this!
recipe courtesy of Food.com
- 2 lbs seedless red grapes
- 2 lbs seedless green grapes
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans, crushed
- Wash and stem grapes, and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl until creamy.
- Mix in grapes.
- Pour into a large serving bowl.
- Mix brown sugar and pecans together for the topping. Sprinkle over grapes making sure to cover completely.
- Chill overnight. (I only chilled during the day. Didn’t seem like a big deal)
— the Jilb