Ginormous Chocolate Chip CookiesAugust 30, 2011
Yes, another cookie recipe. I think I have a problem.
I recently found the website Allrecipes.com. For whatever reason I always skipped over this website and went straight to Food.com when looking for recipes. I’m glad Allrecipes and I have found each other because I found these beauties there:
They are huge. Gooey. Yummy. Pretty much everything I could ever hope for in a cookie.
Ginormous Chocolate Chip Cookies
Slightly adapted from ElizabethBH at Allrecipes.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used a mix of semisweet and milk chocolate chips. Next time I might add in some dark chocolate chips.)
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together melted butter and sugars until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk.
- Mix in sifted ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Put your cookie dough in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto cookie sheets. Cookies should be 3 inches apart.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until edges are slightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets and then move to wire racks.
— the Jilb