Thai Noodle SaladSeptember 13, 2011
Let me introduce you to one of our family favorites: Thai Noodle Salad!
It was introduced to us by BeckyMom a few years ago. We had been using the website Sparkpeople, which is great by the way, to track our calorie intake and exercise and all that jazz, and that’s where this baby was found.
Sparkpeople has a ton of really great recipes, our favorite being the Thai Noodle Salad. It’s something that I had never eaten before, and honestly, something I probably wouldn’t have thought to try, but thank goodness we had it at Reinman’s parents’ house a few years ago. We make it a lot now, the kids love it, and it’s something that I would highly recommend you try. Mmmm…
Thai Noodle Salad
recipe from our friends at Sparkpeople
- 6 oz dried vermicelli
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 T peanut butter
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (we leave this out)
- 1 & 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges for garnish
- Cook vermicelli according to directions, drain, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine soy sauce, chicken broth, peanut butter, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Cook over low-medium heat until peanut butter is melted.
- Add pasta and toss to coat evenly.
- Stir in cooked chicken, red pepper, onions, and cilantro.
- Garnish with lime wedges, and enjoy!
This recipe is so yummy. I hope ya’ll will give it a try! 🙂
— the Jilb