Fudge Striped Shortbread CookiesSeptember 15, 2011
I found a new cookie recipe I wanted to try earlier this week. I know, you’re not surprised. Cookies have been my obsession. I found this recipe for Fudge Striped Shortbread Cookies on Tasty Kitchen and they are wonderful!
The Princess loves making cookies, so after the other kids went down for their naps, I let her help me.
Her favorite part was putting the sprinkles on the chocolate. She’s such a good helper.
And we came up with these yummy cookies:
Fudge Striped Shortbread Cookies
recipe courtesy of EatLiveRun on Tasty Kitchen
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 & 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- Cream together softened butter and sugar until well mixed. Add the flour, salt, and vanilla extract and mix until a soft dough comes together.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- After dough is chilled, roll into a log, and slice 1/2 inch cookies. Place cookies on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Then put your chocolate in a glass bowl, and microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted. Scoop warm chocolate into a small plastic bag, and cut off the tip. Drizzle chocolate over each cookie and let cool to harden.
These cookies were really yummy, and the kids loved them. We’ll definitely be making this recipe again.
— the Jilb