Slow Cooker Brown Sugar ChickenSeptember 19, 2011
With this cold weather, I figured it was time to get out the crock pot. And I’m glad I did! Last night I made Brown Sugar Chicken. I got the recipe from the blog Crockpot 365, which has a ton crock pot recipes. If you like using a crock pot, I would highly recommend checking out that blog.
Anyways, this recipe was awesome. Sugary, chickeny, goodness. Yum. A recipe I will definitely make again.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Chicken
recipe slightly adapted from Crockpot 365
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup diet coke
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- Put your chicken in your crock pot.
- Cover with brown sugar, pepper, garlic, and soy sauce. Add the vinegar, and pour in the coke. Yum!
- Cover, and cook on low for 6-9 hours, or high from 4-5.
- Serve over a bowl of white rice with some of that yummy broth.
On a side note, don’t do what I did. I gave our two-year-old twins rice. And, of course, they just dumped the rice EVERYWHERE. So, please, don’t give young children rice. It just isn’t right.
— the Jilb