Molten Lava CakeSeptember 22, 2011
I really don’t have to say a lot about this chocolate cake. Just that you should make it. I’m sure you have all the ingredients you need in your kitchen.
This chocolatey, yummy, gooey goodness was so easy to make. My recipe only makes two, but you can definitely double it to make 4, or quadruple it to make 8. Yum!
The original recipe calls for 70% dark chocolate, but all I had was milk chocolate chips and 100% unsweetened chocolate. I used both and it turned out awesome!!
Molten Lava Cake
- 3 T, 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 T, 2 tsp flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp instant coffee granules
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 2 ramekins.
- Melt chocolate and butter in 30 second intervals in the microwave until smooth.
- Stir in the rest of ingredients until smooth.
- Divide batter into the ramekins.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes. (I baked for 11 minutes.) Cakes are done when the edges are set, but middle is still soft.
- Run a knife around the edges of the ramekin to loosen cake, and invert onto plate.
- Sprinkle a little powdered sugar, and there’s your perfect yummy chocolate cake!
I hope ya’ll enjoy these as much as I did. And Reinman did. 🙂
— the Jilb