White Chocolate Ginger CookiesSeptember 27, 2011
These ginger cookies have a delicious white chocolate drizzle. If you like ginger cookies, give these soft white chocolate ginger cookies a try. They are soft, moist, yummy, and full of white chocolatey goodness.
Here they are before the white chocolate (they are awesome just like this, if you prefer chocolate-free!):
And here they are after the chocolate drizzle:
Soft White Chocolate Ginger Cookies
recipe adapted from Barbara Heinze at Allrecipes.com.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- additional sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and molasses and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt together. Gradually add into butter mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1-1/2 inch balls, and roll in sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Once cookies are cooled, melt your chocolate chips. Then scoop chocolate into zip top baggy, and cut off corner of bag. Drizzle chocolate on cookies, and let cookies rest an hour or so, until chocolate is set.
— the Jilb