Tortellini SoupSeptember 28, 2011
Last night I made tortellini soup. This soup is a favorite in our house. When football starts, and the weather cools off, we tend to have this soup once a week or so. It’s so yummy!
This recipe is from BeckyMom. It was introduced to me a few years ago during lunch (and football) and I was hooked. Thanks, BeckyMom!
recipe from BeckyMom
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 strips of bacon, cut up
- 1 pkg cheese tortellini
- 1 (28 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 48 oz chicken broth
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- Parmesan cheese, garnish
- Spinach, garnish (which I forgot to add)
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, and set aside.
- Cook bacon, and then add onion and garlic until sauteed. Add chicken broth and seasoning, bring to a boil, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked tortellini and tomatoes to broth mixture, bring to a boil, and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with parmesan cheese, and spinach, and enjoy!
— the Jilb