Homemade ButterfingersNovember 25, 2011
Let me start by saying I absolutely hate candy corn. Hate it! But then I saw it was on sale at Walgreens for like 30 cents a bag I couldn’t resist. I found this recipe online to make homemade butterfingers and the only ingredients are: candy corn, peanut butter, and almond bark. What!? Seriously. Yes, friends, it’s true. You can make awesome tasting homemade butterfingers right in your kitchen. And the recipe is so, so easy!
recipe courtesy of Plain Chicken
- 1 lb. candy corn
- 16 oz. jar of peanut butter
- 16 oz. pkg of almond bark, candy coating, chocolate chips (whatever you have on hand)
- Microwave candy corn on high for 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals until candy is melted.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Spread mixture in an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Let cool.
- Cut into squares, and dip in melted chocolate. Lay on wax paper until dry and set.
— the Jilb