Mini Mint Brownie CupsNovember 30, 2011
Yesterday we put up our Christmas tree. We decided to do it while our three youngest kids were napping. It was a smart decision!
We love those kids but boy they sure get into everything.
After we finished up decorating the tree, I decided to make some Mini Mint Brownie Cups. We needed something festive and I’ve been meaning to make this recipe since I found it on the back of a bag of Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses. I’m glad I did! They’re chocolatey, minty, and the perfect size for a little treat.
Mini Mint Brownie Cups
recipe from a bag of Mint Truffle Hershey Kisses
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses Mint Truffle
- 2/3 cup butter; softened
- 1 & 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 T water
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 48 mini muffins cups with paper or foil baking cups. Remove wrappers from chocolate; set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, water and vanilla in large bowl on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, and mix again.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating on low speed until just combined.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place in prepared muffins cups. Bake 11-13 minutes, until brownies are set. Brownies will appear soft and moist. Don’t overbake.
- Cool about 5 minutes, and then press chocolate piece into surface of each brownie cup. Cool completely in pan in wire rack. Sprinkle each brownie cup with powdered sugar.
— the Jilb