Turkey Pesto SlidersDecember 5, 2011
We had a pretty uneventful weekend, except that I lost my voice. The kids were pretty excited about this, seeing as how I could hardly talk, let alone raise my voice. Thankfully, today I feel 100%! Watch out kids! 😉
Everyone loved these little guys, including the Baby. I think Reinman ate half the pan. No joke. Okay, maybe only 4. Hehe.
Turkey Pesto Sliders
recipe slightly adapted from Annie’s Eats
- 12 slider buns
- 12 slices of turkey deli meat (I ended up using 24 slices of turkey slices because I bought thinly sliced turkey. Use what you think is appropriate)
- 12 slices of provolone cheese (I only used 6 slices because my cheese was thick. Funny– thick cheese and thin turkey.)
- 6 T pesto
- 6 T mayo
- 4 T butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Split the slider buns, and put on baking sheet. Put a slice or two of turkey on the bottom half of each bun. Then layer with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Mix your pesto and mayo together. Put a thin layer of pesto mayo on the inner side of the top half of each bun. Brush the tops of the buns lightly with the melted butter. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted, and sandwiches are heated through.
- Enjoy! (I know we did.) 🙂
— the Jilb