Chocolate Peanut Butter BlossomsDecember 8, 2011
I made a couple dozen peanut butter blossoms a few weeks ago, and they were gone pretty much right away. So, I figured it was time to make some more blossoms, and then I found this recipe over at Betty Crocker, and I was so excited! Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms?! Why had I never thought of that before?
So, I made them. And they are delicious. In fact, I think I like them even more than the regular peanut butter blossoms. There’s something about that chocolate and peanut butter mix that’s simply perfect. Yum!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossoms
recipe from Betty Crocker
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 & 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- hershey’s kisses, or some other chocolate you can use (I had the stars)
- additional granulated sugar
- chocolate decorating decors
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Cream your sugars, peanut butter, and butter together. Mix in eggs, and then melted chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, mix your flour, baking soda, and baking powder together. Add to your sugar mixture until well-combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, and then roll in sugar or chocolate decorating decors, and put on baking sheet leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until cookies have cracked edges. Press one chocolate candy into the center of each cookie. Let rest on cookie sheet for a few minutes, and then move to a wire rack to completely cool.
— the Jilb