Peppermint DessertDecember 28, 2011
If you’re anything like us, you’ve got some candy canes just laying around. Well, I’ve got a delicious way for you to use those up (besides eating them of course).
I found this recipe through Tastespotting, and knew that it would be perfect for Christmas Day. And it was. It was minty, creamy, and light. Really just the perfect dessert after you’ve been eating for days and days.
Make sure you make this dessert 24 hours in advance of when you’re going to eat it. I made it on a Friday night, and we ate it on Sunday afternoon and it was pretty much perfect.
recipe from The Secret Life of a Chef’s Wife
- 1 cup finely crushed peppermint candy canes
- 1 pint (2 cups) whipping cream, whipped but not sweetened (and not Cool Whip!)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 box Nilla Wafers cookies, finely crushed
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Fold the crushed candy canes into the whipped cream. Add in marshmallows, and then nuts. Mix well.
- Pour half of the crushed Nilla Wafers into a 9×13 glass pan. Then pour the candy cane/whipped cream mixture on top of the Nilla Wafers. Then pour the remaining Nilla Wafers on top of that.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
— the Jilb