Cheddar and Garlic Drop BiscuitsDecember 30, 2011
These biscuits have become a staple in our house, especially when we’re having pasta. They are so easy to make, and are full of garlicky and cheesy goodness.
You probably already have everything in your kitchen to make these yummy biscuits. And they literally take 5 minutes to whip up!
So, go ahead and make these. You can thank me later.
Cheddar and Garlic Drop Biscuits
adapted from Food.com
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 T sugar
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 T melted butter
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar, sugar and 1/8- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder in a medium bowl. Add in shortening using a pastry blender, or a fork.
- Mix in milk to the flour mixture, and then add cheese using a wooden spoon.
- Drop large spoonfuls of biscuit dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Then mix your melted butter and 1/8 tsp. garlic powder in a small bowl, and brush on tops of warm biscuits.
— the Jilb