Chicken Parmesan BakeJanuary 3, 2012
Chicken Parmesan Bake. My new favorite chicken recipe. Okay. Honestly, my new favorite dinner. Ever.
I love that you hardly dirty any dishes making this. Seriously. Easiest, tastiest thing ever! You must make this now. This guy is a genius. If you visit his blog, he even has a video on how to make the chicken parmesan bake (not that you need it. This recipe is so, so easy!!)
The croutons give you that crunch without having to fry your chicken (no dredging in breadcrumbs and eggs in this recipe either!). And, of course, you have all that cheesy goodness. And then the fresh basil. Lovely.
Chicken Parmesan Bake
recipe from Chef John at Food Wishes
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- hot red pepper flakes, to taste (I left these out, but I’m sure adding them gives a little extra zing!)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (5-oz.) package garlic croutons
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a baking dish (I used a 9×13), and pour you olive oil in the bottom. Then add your garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Next layer your chicken on top of the garlic oil.
- Then spread your marinara sauce over the chicken.
- On top of your chicken, add your chopped basil.
- Sprinkle 4 oz. of the mozzarella cheese, and 2 oz. of the parmesan cheese on top of the basil.
- Then toss the croutons on top of the cheese.
- Then cover the croutons with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake from anywhere from 35 to an hour depending on the size of your chicken breasts. The chicken will read 155 degrees on a meat thermometer when done. (I baked mine for 45 minutes, and they were perfect.)
- Let your chicken parmesan bake rest for 10 minutes before serving. (If you sneak a crouton, I won’t tell anybody.)
— the Jilb