Cilantro Lime RiceJanuary 16, 2012
This is a recipe that we use almost on a weekly basis. It’s that good.
It tastes pretty close to the rice that Chipotle uses. Like really close. It has hints of cilantro (my favorite!), and lime. And is pretty much wonderful. The next time you have fajitas (or any Mexican dish) make this rice, and you will not be disappointed!
Cilantro Lime Rice
recipe from Skinnytaste
- 1 cup extra long grain rice
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tsp. vegetable oil
- In a small saucepan, add your rice, water, salt, and 1 tsp. oil. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce heat to low, cover for about 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, shut off flame, keep the cover on, and let sit another 5 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, put your cilantro, lime juice, and the rest of your vegetable oil. Add your rice and toss until completely mixed.
— the Jilb