Mini Donut MuffinsJanuary 23, 2012
Update: Since we’ve been trying to eat healthier I’ve made a few tweaks to this recipe. I’ll leave the original recipe as it is, and put the healthy ingredients in bold next to the original ones. And I must say that we’ve really enjoyed the healthified muffins more than the original sugary ones. Happy eating!
This Mini Donut Muffin recipe is a family favorite in our house. I make it at least twice a week, if not more.
It’s buttery, sugary, with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Trust me when I say that you must make these soon (I know I say that about a lot of recipes). They go perfect with a cup of coffee. And you get the mini donut taste without having to deep fry anything. I love that!
Mini Donut Muffins
recipe from Allrecipes.com
- 1/2 cup white sugar ( 1/4 cup sugar or you could probably do honey although I haven’t tried it)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (2 T melted butter and 2 T natural applesauce)
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (1 cup whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a mini-muffin pan. I usually get 18 muffins from this recipe, so that’s how many I grease.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar, butter, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then add in your baking powder and flour. Fill the prepared muffin pan cups about half full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown (I do mine for 15 minutes).
- After the muffins are done baking, place your butter in one bowl, and mix your 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in another bowl. Dip your muffins in the butter and then roll in the cinnamon and sugar. I usually only dip and roll the tops in the cinnamon and sugar or else it gets too sweet. If you want to roll the whole muffin, go right ahead. I’ve done that a few times, and it is delicious!
— the Jilb