Sausage, Egg and Cheese BakeJanuary 30, 2012
This Sausage, Egg and Cheese Bake was a huge hit at one of our Saturday morning get togethers with Reinman’s family. Even the kids gobbled it up, and wanted more, especially the Baby.
This bake has all the flavors of a McDonald’s Sausage, Egg, and Cheese McMuffin. The best part? You can make it the night before and just pop it in the oven the next morning. No hassle. No fuss. I love it!
Sausage, Egg and Cheese Bake
recipe from Brown Eyed Baker
- 9 eggs
- 9 slices of Italian Bread, about an inch thick, crusts removed (I used 16 slices of a presliced loaf of Italian Bread)
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 & 1/2 tsps. salt
- Crumble and cook sausage according to package directions, and set aside.
- Whisk your eggs in a large bowl, and then add your bread, cheeses, milk and salt.
- Then add your sausage.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
- The next morning preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes.
— the Jilb