Triple Chocolate Cake Batter CookiesFebruary 13, 2012
Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day! Yay! So, I made you some cookies. Some extra chocolate, really rich, you-better-go-get-yourself-a-glass-of-milk-or-a-cup-of-coffee cookies.
These cookies were inspired from this recipe that I found that used cake mix and pudding in their cookie recipe. Genius! What you get are soft, chocolatey cookies. They’re almost like brownies. Yum!
Triple Chocolate Cake Batter Cookies
recipe inspired by Chef in Training
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 & 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir your flour, salt and baking soda together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream your butter and sugars together.
- Add in pudding package and cake mix and beat until well blended. Add in cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Add flour mixture slowly into butter mixture until well-incorporated. Add in your chocolate chips until just blended.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on lined baking sheet. Bake for about 9 minutes or until cookies are just baked through. Let rest on baking sheets for a couple of minutes and then move to wire racks.
— the Jilb