Baked TortelliniFebruary 15, 2012
This Baked Tortellini is soooooo good. It’s full of cheese, pasta, and a creamy homemade alfredo sauce. So, if you’re on a diet or watching your weight you might want to quit reading right now. Just kidding!
What I can say is that Reinman said this is the best pasta I’ve made yet. Score!
So, if you are looking for something crazy yummy, cheesy, garlicky, and that has tons of flavor this dish is for you! This would be perfect for date night, or if you’re having guests over, or if you just want some comfort food. This is comfort food at its finest.
recipe from Turbo Chef
- 20 oz. tortellini, cheese-filled
- Garlic Alfredo Sauce (recipe to follow)
- 4 oz. prosciutto, minced
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get out a 2 quart baking dish and set aside.
- Boil tortellini according to package directions, and set aside. Cut the prosciutto into small pieces.
- Spread a 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix your tortellini, prosciutto and the remaining alfredo sauce. Poor your pasta mixture into your baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese, and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Turn your broiler on, and while watching, broil for a few minutes to get your cheese a little crispy.
Garlic Alfredo Sauce
recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen
- 4 T butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup milk (I used heavy cream)
- 3 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Slowly add in milk, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Stir in parmesan and pepper. Season with kosher salt, if needed.
- Remove from heat when desired consistency is reached.
— the Jilb