Cheddar Rosemary SconesFebruary 17, 2012
These are so good. I mean, so good! They’re light and buttery. There’s a hint of rosemary, and that mixed with the cheddar is to die for! Yes!
These scones are the perfect side to pretty much anything you’re having for dinner. So, go make them. Do it soon!
Cheddar Rosemary Scones
recipe slightly adapted from Eat, Live, Run
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 T cold butter
- 3/4 cup milk, cream, or half and half (I used cream)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, salt, rosemary, black pepper, and baking powder together. Add the cheese and mix well. Using a grater, grate your cold butter into your flour mixture. Mix until you get coarse crumbs. Add the cream and mix until just combined.
- Pat dough into and 8-inch circle, and slice into 8 triangles. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until just golden brown.
— the Jilb