Buffalo Chicken DipMarch 7, 2012
I made this for the Super Bowl, and it was a huge hit so I had to make it again. Really I only needed the tiniest excuse to have people over, and then I get to make this. So, I made it for the Oscars. Lovely.
You need to make this soon. And you don’t need to invite people over if you don’t want to. If you want/need to eat the whole pan, I understand. Seriously though, make this. And make it soon!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
recipe from Healthy and Sane
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs of neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3/4 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 & 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used mozzarella and cheddar), divided
- tortilla chips, pita chips, baby carrots, or whatever you desire for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan (I used a glass baking dish this time, but have used the loaf pan before) with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your cream cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, and garlic powder until mixed.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in your chicken and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Pour your chicken dip into your baking pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes. Broil for another couple of minutes or until your cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
— the Jilb