Mini Corn Dog MuffinsMarch 9, 2012
These Mini Corn Dog Muffins are so perfect if you have kids (and let’s be honest here, even if you don’t!).
They’re pretty healthy, very dippable, and they really do taste like a corn dog, minus the stick.
My kids ate these up like they were hot cakes, except the Baby. She took the hot dog out of each muffin and whined until I gave her another one. Silly baby.
Mini Corn Dog Muffins
recipe adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8-10 hot dogs, cut into 1″ pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Whisk butter and applesauce in a medium-sized bowl. Add eggs and whisk some more. Then add buttermilk and you guessed it, whisk some more!
- In another bowl, mix your baking soda, cornmeal, flours, and salt until well-blended. Add flour mixture to milk mixture in 2 batches.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cups. Press in one hot dog piece into each cup.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Cool in muffin tins 5 minutes before removing.
- Store leftovers in refrigerator, and reheat for 10-20 seconds before eating.
— the Jilb