Toasted Bread with ButterApril 1, 2012
I know this one is kind of a classic, but it’s so good, I figured it’s worth sharing anyway. Toasted Bread with Butter is great because it’s easy to make and yet very versatile. You can make it with any kind of bread, and — though I prefer regular old butter — you can use all sorts of different spreads: peanut butter, jam, cinnamon and sugar, you name it!
Most of us tend to associate Toasted Bread with Butter with breakfast, but let me tell you that it is always a welcome addition to any meal, regardless the time of day. And did I mention it’s easy to make? 😛
Go make some right now — you won’t regret it!
Toasted Bread with Butter
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 tsp room-temperature butter
- Place bread slices in toaster oven (or in a conventional “slice” toaster).
- Turn toaster oven to “toast” setting and heat for 4 minutes. Flip the slices after 2 minutes to ensure even toasting on both sides. (If using a “slice” toaster, simply lower the lever and wait. A “slice” toaster should automatically toast both sides evenly.)
- After approximately 4 minutes, check the slices — both sides should be crispy but not charred. Toast longer if necessary.
- When both sides are evenly toasted, spread butter on one side of each slice.