Chicken Curry…April 30, 2012
… in a hurry is the name of this recipe. And besides the fact that it’s really fast to make, it’s something that I highly recommend that you go make right now.
This recipe was recommended to me by my in-laws. They basically said, “Make this and then blog about it.” So, here I am. It’s so tasty, and so easy. They were so right to recommend this. I have a feeling this Chicken Curry will be making a rotation through our weekly meals starting now.
And you know what would go great with this Chicken Curry? This Baked Brown Rice. Mmm… so good! A perfect pairing!
recipe from Food.com
- 2 T flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 & 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 T oil
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 & 1/2 T tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Mix together flour, salt, and cayenne pepper in a large bag. Add chicken in small batches, shaking off the excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly brown. Add curry powder and toss to coat.
- Set the chicken aside and add onion and garlic to pan. Add a little more oil if you need too. Cook for two minutes and then add chicken brother, raisins and tomato paste.
- Add chicken back to pan with the other ingredients and simmer for 8 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked and sauced has thickened.
- Garnish with cilantro and a dollop of yogurt.
— the Jilb