Avocado Bacon Parmesan Salad with Tangy Avocado DressingMay 2, 2012
We’ve been trying to eat more salads. So, anytime I find a salad recipe that I think might be remotely tasty I make a note to add it into our dinner rotation because salads can be so boring. And I hate to be bored when it comes to food.
This Avocado Bacon Parmesan Salad is anything but boring.
This salad was delicious! I really, really, really loved the tangy avocado dressing. It was my favorite part. I have a feeling I’ll be using the dressing a lot now. The saltiness of the bacon was a nice contrast to the avocados, and oh, the parmesan cheese! Yum! I used turkey bacon, but I know I will be using real bacon next time. I want the crunch that pork bacon gives you, and the taste. Mmm…
Avocado Bacon Parmesan Salad with Tangy Avocado Dressing
recipe from Perry’s Plate
For the salad:
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped up
- 6 oz. bacon, cooked and chopped up
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz salad greens
For the dressing:
- 1/2 an avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into large chunks
- 3 T sour cream
- 3 T low-fat mayo
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the dressing: Put all dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper.
- Put salad in a bowl, layer with bacon and avocado, top with dressing and cheese. Enjoy!
- This dressing makes enough for two salads. It’ll keep in the fridge for 2-3 days in an airtight container or you can just double your salad ingredients.
— the Jilb