Chicken and Roasted Broccoli with Goat CheeseMay 23, 2012
Chicken. Roasted Broccoli (if you haven’t had Roasted Broccoli before you need to. Soon.). Goat Cheese. Red and Green Peppers. Garlic. Olive Oil. That’s the stuff dinner is made of.
This is another recipe from Perry’s Plate. I am loving her blog, and really want to make everything she blogs about.
A few things I would change about this recipe. First, next time I am going to double it. If I didn’t have any self-control, which sometimes I don’t, I probably would have eaten the whole bowl myself.
Second, next time maybe a little less goat cheese. I think the called for 3-4 ounces was just a little bit too much for us. Although, I really did love the melty, tangy goat cheese, so I suppose we’ll see. I might even try feta cheese next time. Mmm…
If you love broccoli, chicken, peppers, garlic, goat cheese (or another type if goat isn’t your thing!), you need to try this. It was so delicious, and so light. Perfect for a summertime meal (except for having to turn the oven on to 500 degrees.)
Chicken and Roasted Broccoli with Goat Cheese
recipe from Perry’s Plate
For the roasted broccoli and peppers:
- 1 large head of broccoli, (almost 2 lbs), cut into 1-2 inch florets
- 1/2 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
For the rest:
- 4 T olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- couple pinches of crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of dried oregano
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 cups chicken, cooked, and shredded
- 3-4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (next time I’m going to try half that)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees, and place a baking sheet on the lowest rack.
- Place broccoli and peppers in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, spread the broccoli and peppers on the sheet in an even layer. Bake 7-10 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked through and some are caramelized. Watch them carefully because you don’t want them to burn.
- While the broccoli is roasting, in a medium-sized pan, put 2 T of olive oil, and your pepper flakes and garlic cloves. On medium-low heat, cook garlic and pepper flakes for 5-7 minutes or until garlic is golden brown. Add your chicken and cook another 3 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Remove from heat and add in lemon and oregano.
- In a large bowl, mix your broccoli, peppers, and chicken with 2 T of olive oil, and the goat cheese. Serve immediately.
— the Jilb