Cheddar CrackersJune 1, 2012
The last few months I’ve really taken to making anything and everything that I can homemade.
Homemade Pizza Crust (that’s easy and sooo good)?
-You know I had to do it!
Homemade Baked Chicken Tenders (so much better than anything you can find in the freezer section)?
-Easy and delicious!
Next up on my list were Cheddar Crackers. There are a few recipes floating around, and, of course, I tried them all. My favorite ones are from Eat, Live, Run. They’re cheesy, crispy, garlicky, and oh, so, yummy.
These do take a little work because you have to roll out the dough and cut out the crackers, but they are so worth it! They’re definitely better tasting than anything you can find in the store. Trust me. Or ask Reinman. The first time I made these he ate the whole batch. (I may or may not have helped him.)
I used extra sharp cheddar cheese for these. You can use whatever cheddar you want, but I believer sharper is better. Mmm…
recipe slightly adapted from Eat, Live, Run
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Whisk together melted butter and eggs until creamy. Add the cheese and mix until combined. Add the rest of your ingredients, and mix with a wooden spoon until your dough comes together.
- Roll dough out onto lightly floured surface until it’s a little less than 1/4th-inch think (the thinner, the better I found). Cut out small circles with cookies cutters and place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
— the Jilb