Pepperoni Pizza SconesJune 20, 2012
These scones are full of mini pepperoni, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. With these, you have yourself a portable pizza-like concoction. Pretty much perfect, I say.
We had these for lunch with a salad and some fruit, but I think these would be nice as a side or appetizer, and they are perfect dipped in some pizza sauce.
Pepperoni Pizza Scones
recipe slightly adapted from Lauren’s Latest
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 T sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup butter, cold
- 1 & 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. package mini turkey pepperoni
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all your dry ingredients together. Grate in cold cheese, and then mix until you have a coarse, crumbly mixture.
- Stir in pepperoni and cheeses.
- Stir in milk until everything is moistened.
- Put dough on a lightly floured surface, and knead a few times. Then pat your dough down in a circle until it’s about 1 & 1/2-inchs thick. Transfer dough to lined baking sheet, and cut into 8 wedges.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with pizza sauce, and enjoy!
— the Jilb