Thai Chicken Wraps with Spicy Peanut SauceJune 27, 2012
I made these chicken wraps a few weeks ago and really enjoyed them (and so did the Baby and the Joker). I was looking for something different to eat, and found it. We haven’t been big on Thai food in this house, except for this Thai Noodle Salad and I’m hoping to change that.
These chicken wraps are full of wonderfully healthy things like cucumber, carrots, bean sprouts, chicken, and some herbs. And I really love the peanut sauce. It was spicy, but not to the point where I wouldn’t give it to my kids because I was afraid it would be too hot for them.
Thai Chicken Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce
recipe adapted from Rachael Ray
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T grill seasoning
for the salad:
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced at an angle
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 12 basil leaves, chopped or torn
- 3 T mint leaves, chopped
- 1 T sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
spicy peanut sauce:
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter, at room temp
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (12-inch) flour tortilla wraps
- I threw in my chicken breasts in a crockpot along with the 1 T soy sauce, 1 T EVOO, and 1 T grill seasoning, on low for 6 hours until they were cooked through. Otherwise, you could toss chicken with the soy sauce, EVOO and grill seasoning and grill chicken until done.
- Then toss cucumber, bean sprouts, carrots, basil, mint, sesame seeds, sugar, and rice wine vinegar in a large bowl. Season salad with salt, to taste. Add in chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, cayenne pepper, and EVOO until well-blended.
- Pile chicken and veggies in wraps and drizzle with peanut sauce before wrapping and rolling.
— the Jilb