Strawberry Spinach Salad with Sesame Seed VinaigretteJuly 2, 2012
I’ve got a classic for you. Strawberry Spinach Salad. The first time I made this was a few weeks ago. I don’t know why I waited so long.
I always seem to have spinach on hand because of the smoothies so I make, and since strawberries are really good right now, this recipe is a no brainer. That along with a homemade poppy seed vinegarette, and you’re good to go!
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Sesame Seed Vinaigrette
recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1 T sesame seeds
- 1/2 T poppy seeds
- 2 T honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T distilled white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 T minced onion
For the salad:
- 9 oz bag of fresh spinach
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all your vinaigrette ingredients. Cover, and chill for one hour.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach, strawberries, and almonds. Pour dressing over salad (I always start with a little bit of a dressing at a time to make sure I don’t get too much), toss, and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes before serving.
— the Jilb