Yep, another cookie recipe. And it has dark chocolate in it. I think if I could, I would stick dark chocolate in everything. I’m thinking a dark chocolate panini with some sort of fruit should be happening in this house soon. And cheese. Dark chocolate, cheese, and fruit. Perfect.
If you eat these cookies straight out of the oven, it’s like eating a chocolate-covered strawberry. Oh, my.
Yep, they’re that good.
And if you wait awhile for them to cool you get all the other flavors of the cookie: banana, a hint of coconut oil, the crunchiness of the almonds.
So, do yourself a favor and make these. Eat them with coffee, or tea (if that’s your thing). And, hey, if you stumble across some dark chocolate, please send it my way.
Dark Chocolate Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
recipe adapted from Tea with Me
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 T ground flax
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 T honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, flour, flax, almonds, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the bananas, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract. Pour banana mixture over oat mixture and mix well, until all is combined. Stir in chocolate. Then gently fold in strawberries.
- Using a tablespoon, place dough on the lined baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Cool on a wire rack.
— the Jilb